To be eligible for CSTEP, an applicant needs to:
- be a permanent resident of New York State
- have an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of a 2.75 or a graduate/law student cumulative grade point average of a 3.2
- be African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, and/or Native American Indian/Alaskan Native. Asian, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and White students who are economically disadvantaged and meet New York State Opportunity Programs Income Eligibility criteria are also eligible
- be currently enrolled in a major that leads to a licensed profession and/or careers in health, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and/or math/science education
- be invited to apply or referred by CSTEP students/alumni or SU staff/faculty
Once admitted, a CSTEP scholar commits to:
- meet with a consultant at least once a month each semester
- attend all mandatory meetings and at least three CSTEP-sponsored workshops, events, or activities every semester
- participate in program advocacy activities
- maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- participate in at least one internship or research experience prior to graduation
The Collegiate Science & Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) is dedicated to the lifelong success of all students who can benefit from and contribute to Syracuse University, regardless of race, gender, gender identity/expression, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, age, ability, sexual orientation and/or religious background. To this end, we have strategically designed programs and services that precipitate a mutually respectful learning environment where our students and alumni develop to their full potential and are encouraged to serve the global community.
To apply for CSTEP, please fill out the application using the link below:
If you have questions about the application, please call the CSTEP office at (315) 443-8270.